Re: [xml-dev] RE: What is "syntactic identity"? What is "surfacesyntax"?

On 19/02/2012 19:31, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Would you tell me if my definitions below are correct?
I don't know what you mean by "correct". You are entitled to use words
to mean whatever you like so long as you define how you are using them.
If you are asking whether your definitions are consistent with some
other use of the same terms, then you will have to point to that other
usage. I've never come across the term "syntactic identity", and
although I've seen "surface syntax" used, I've never seen any attempt to
make the term mean anything very precise.

Michael Kay
Saxonica