len

From: Costello, Roger L. [mailto:costello@mitre.org]

At this point I will do my best at characterizing what I think Walter
Perry would say:

    The consumer of an XML instance document that
    has an omitted element or attribute is free to give
    whatever meaning he or she desires to that omission.

[Walter, if I have not accurately characterized your ideas please
correct me.]

/Roger