From: Tei [mailto:oscar.vives@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:42 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] The edge of chaos: where syntax ends and interpretation begins

Just now browsers are cherry picking tech ideas.  Firefox is going to
drop E4X because the other browsers are not supporting it  (Firefox
championed E4X, but the other browsers are not following)  .  Internet
Explorer is not going to support more than half of HTML5 because...
well.. is IE.    Whatever HTML5 ideas win will be declared the
winners, and put down as HTML5.   For this to happend, you need  Blog
Internet Persons talking about these ideas/techs, and making people
excited, so excited webmaster will use these tecniques in production
webpages.   Firefox will drop support for E4X, and then things created
based on that will break.  Software its a service, and you can't
expect software to run forever (withouth dev love) in a changing
enviroment.

On 1 March 2012 13:34,  <cbullard@hiwaay.net> wrote:
> If you send a user of a browser a message that they need a "modern browser",
> your investors will invest more.
>
> There is a predatory aspect to web business that reeks of the 19th century.
> Hypocrisy is good for the bottom line these days.  Oh well...
>
> The bottom line of XML is it within its own well-defined boundaries does its
> job.  If the networks, social or silicon, use the applications provided
> smartly, they do their job.  If the rules are fudged for advantage or
> ignored by dint of incompetence, any project will fail and if we blame the
> technology or the technologists who did do their jobs, then a business
> deserves to no longer be one.   True of the government too.
>
> The only difference is the assholes make more money than the stupid.  Life
> is hard.  XML Doesn't Care So You Have To.
>
> len

ℱin del ℳensaje.