Re: [xml-dev] Should XML Professionals Be Programmers?

It sounds like your recruitment process is picking people based on substrings of their resume, resulting in your "guru".  None of these technologies are extremely hard and my preference is always to look for people based on personality (curiosity, openness, technical orientation) and then work out what taxonomic box to put them in later.