Re: [xml-dev] Boolean XML

At 2012-03-30 10:48 -0400, Toby Considine wrote:
>I have a project wherein I may need to parameterize some Boolean
>service criteria as they apply to service interactions
>Apply this service request to all types that match A, where A may be
>Is there is some standard dialect or pattern for expressing Boolean
>selections in XML? I would prefer to do this in some standard way
>rather than inventing my new, exciting, better, but, sadly,
>different, means of doing so.

Logical expressions are often written in XPath, a flat non-XML syntax
with keywords "or" and "and" and the function "not()":

>Any pointers or discussion of folks favorite way to accomplish this?

One candidate XML syntax would be XQueryX:

I hope this helps.

Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- May 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com