XMP to XML translation?

Hi all,

I’m looking for a quick and simple method to transform XMP files into well-formed XML, possibly according to an extremely simplified schema (i.e. effectively a root node and a list of allowed elements from selected namespaces, all with cardinality 0-n).

The use case here is to import XMP data into an XSLT engine I’m using, but the existing software can’t handle the RDF/XML of the raw XMP.

Since the XMP is relatively flat, I thought there might be a standard or at least well-known way to get this stuff into a very simple XML form, from whence it could be input into my XSLT engine (which auto-detects the “schema” of the input data before creating an XSLT to transform it and future uploads to a new schema).

I’ve identified which namespaces need to be included in my pseudo-schema, I just wondered if there are some existing tools, preferably free, which can do the job? Can this be done with more XSLT…?

Michael Hopwood

Linked Heritage Project Lead

EDItEUR

United House, North  Road

London N7 9DP

UK

Tel: +44 20 7503 6418

Mob: +44 7811 591036

Skype: michael.hopwood.editeur

http://www.linkedheritage.org/

http://editeur.org/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company.

EDItEUR Limited is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no 2994705. Registered Office:
6TH FLOOR, 25 FARRINGDON STREET, LONDON, EC4A 4AB, UNITED KINGDOM