Re: [xml-dev] MicroXML and &

On 6/1/2012 10:25 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:racter References instead.)
> Right. If we want minimal (micromal?) why have to ways of saying "<"?
>
> Liam

I think the major confusion around entities always arose from their
connection to DTDs. Having given up DTDs, MicroXML can then choose to
build in some predefined entity definitions, or not.  It seems like a
small issue?  But on the whole I think it would cause *more* confusion
rather than less to drop &lt and &amp.  People are probably more
familiar with those than with the numeric references. Just a feeling.

Mike