From: Rushforth, Peter [mailto:Peter.Rushforth@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:32 PM
To: Len Bullard
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basic
principles of MicroXML"

Hi Len,

> >>I can see that.  But at the same time, it could be amortized over a
> long,
> >>long time, right, because not every application is going to start
> >>using those hypermedia affordances on day 1.
>
> What can they do that they can't do now?  That is the
> critical question.

Well, if it enables both documents and linked data, that's gotta hit a
sweet spot?
I was hoping static hypermedia might help that cause.  I'm still not
cmonvinced it
wouldn't - after all I'm pretty sure the JSON guys are trying to put
hypermedia in
JSON too, but it may be a bit harder because there are no namespaces.
But anyy.wa

> >>Next time you're in Ottawa, I owe you a beer!
>
> I appreciate that.  I am a hermit though.  I dropped out of
> the scene years ago and although Lauren convinced me to come
> out once or twice, my time is past.  Think of me as the grave
> digger in The Ghost Rider.  I know where the bodies are
> buried because I had to bury them.  I'm
> possibly the last guy who had the debate you are having.  :)
>  It is an
> obvious and proven workable idea but so is down
> translation/transformation.

Well, thanks for the stories, it's been a real education.

I'd better get back to my p's and q's!

Cheers,
Peter