Re: [xml-dev] are the regular expressions over xml structure?

Hello Michael,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:48:02 +0100
Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> Well, there are certainly cases where it would be nice to match a
> sequence of nodes that matches some pattern, rather than only matching
> individual nodes: a generalization of xsl:for-each-group.

Exactly. Thanks a lot for an xslt-style code snipplet and the link to the
positional grouping paper.

Meanwhile, I've remembered a more demonstrative example then h1/p
grouping:

"element(image), element(caption), element(table[some condition])"

an image with the caption and a legend table is to be grouped. In my
xslt stylesheets, the grouping code is far away from readability and
maintainability. That's why I'm looking for a better approach.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess