RE: [xml-dev] are the regular expressions over xml structure?

I personally would love to see xml level regex in XQuery and XSLT.
The examples are quite concise and readable.
Just noodling, would it be possible to translate some forms of regex into XPath ?  Or would XPath (and XSLT match expressions) need deep enhancements.
For XPath I could imagine some regex's being translatable.
For Match expressions maybe not.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org