Re: [xml-dev] newline/form feed valid as attribute value?

It's theoretically impossible to write an XML parser using regular
expressions alone, because XML is not a regular language.

Form feed and vertical tab are valid characters in XML 1.1 attributes,
but they must be written as numeric character references. They are not
allwoed in XML 1.0.

Newline characters (xA) may appear in XML 1.0 attributes and the parser
is required to normalize them to space characters, unless they are
written as numeric character references.

Michael Kay
Saxonica