RE: [xml-dev] What is the best way to approach the structuring of inventorydata?

I'd ask myself the question: am I developing an XML vocabulary to store
(or exchange) "per-item" inventory data, or an XML vocabulary to report
summary ("number of...") inventory data, or a mix of both (for example,
reports - or data exchanges - that might include both summary and per-item
information)? I would suggest that the design of a "per-item" vocabulary
might be in some sense distinct from the design of a "summary" vocabulary
(although, again: a report - as an XML document - that includes summary
data might also include per-item information).

Graham Hannington
Perth, Western Australia

Fundi Software Pty Ltd  2012  ABN 89 009 120 290