Re: [xml-dev] What is the best way to approach the structuring ofinventory data?

 >However, as far I can see (I have not looked very hard), this
vocabulary is for "per-item" information, not "summary" information such
as "number of aircraft" (at an airport).

I think this is a classic example of how the data model doesn't lead
directly to the message design. The data model will tell you that
there's a relationship (or multiple relationships) between planes and
airports; only the process model can tell you that in a particular
message, what you need to include is data derived from this
relationship, namely the number of aircraft due to land at the airport
in the next hour.

Michael Kay