Re: [xml-dev] What is the best way to approach the structuring of inventorydata?

> My inventory includes data such as the count of the number of aircraft
at each airport, the count of the number aircraft ground refuelers at each
airport, and so forth.

I did a little more Googling on this.

You might be interested in the following FAA Airport Data & Contact
Information web page:

http://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/

The facilities data dictionary ("for the NFDC Airport Facilities Table"):

http://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/nfdcfacilitiesdictionary.cfm

contains fields such as "Number of jet engine general aviation aircraft"
(but not "Number of aircraft ground refuelers").

I did not find a corresponding XML schema.

If I were developing an XML vocabulary for such data, I'd contact the FAA
Airport Engineering Division (details on that web page). They might be
able to point you in the right direction (or maybe you already work for
them?).

(Yeah, okay, sorry, these comments might be getting too domain-specific
for xml-dev. Moving on.)

Graham Hannington
Perth, Western Australia

Fundi Software Pty Ltd  2012  ABN 89 009 120 290