RE: [xml-dev] [OT] What are the key technical problems of our era?

Something like that. :)

Roger: are you looking for cutting edge technical development or really
"doesn't exist" stuff?

If the former, PID-based control systems.  The crash of the Air France
flight is one example of what happens when it all goes wrong among the
sensors, the controls and pilot training.  The concepts are applicable
to other real-time and near-time systems.   As climate change continues
to alter the performance models, we have to rethink our designs.

We are facing a need to re-engineer our housing architectures for
shifting climate conditions as well.  It could look shire-like.

Reduced complexity in financial systems to enhance transparency are
desirable.  Or we may burn down the banks and the bankers.

Now that we have improved information consumption devices, the
opportunities to enhance education are obvious.

We have not scratched what may be possible given very large scale data
analysis and pattern inferencing.  We really don't understand the social
implications of same.  For example, sensitivity analysis.

Genetic engineering obviously.

len