Re: [xml-dev] [OT] What are the key technical problems of our era?

The technology experts are all getting old and retiring. The education of newbies is slowing as there are fewer experts around to train them
and less economic incentive to train them. fewer and fewer newbies are interested in being trained anyway (why learn skills which barely
return enough salary to cover the cost of training, etc).

I guess we need systems which will maintain and adapt themselves to changing requirements with less and less need for expert human help:
Or will that exacerbate the problem by helping to dumb-down the workforce and provide less incentive to budding entrepreneurs?!

This all probably applies to XML. More experts retire or want the spend time in leisure rather than training up newbies. Fewer newbies want
to learn XML because they don't expect a return on investment for doing so (nor do their employers, if they have them). Looks bleak. Enter
MicroXML - but perhaps too late (not enough of a critical mass left on this list to listen or doing the training and learning).

Another challenge - where does the emerging world fit into all this? Is it attractive to the talents from India, China, Brazil, etc to learn all this?
Would they want to promote and use the likes of MicroXML or prefer to either invent their own alternative (good!) or master XML instead (good!)?
----
Stephen D Green