Re: [xml-dev] What is @xml:space about?

Any insights on why xml:space is considered useful, but something like
xml:href is not?  (I'm assuming xml:space is an indication to the
application, not handled directly by the XML parser.)

I can't see why an application that wasn't vocabulary aware would
start manipulating whitespace (or anything else for that matter).  If
an application was vocabulary aware then the vocabulary could define
it's own attribute for xml:space and it needn't be in the xml
namespace.

That said, I think something like xml:space is a convenient convention
to have, but I also think xml:href is too.  Thus I'm interested in the
difference in treatment.

Thx

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info