Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of ...

Rushforth, Peter scripsit:

> I was hoping MicroXML was going to get rid of namespaces.

It does and it doesn't.  The MicroXML data model knows nothing of
namespaces.  However, attributes are permitted to have prefixes in my
draft (to which James has not raised a serious objection).  So it's up to
the application if it wants to interpret element names and/or attribute
names as referring to QNames.  The MicroLark API for Element class has
some convenience methods for returning the namespace URI associated with
either an element or an attribute.

> Are namespaces part of the XDM such that they would have to be included?

If a document is not namespace-valid per the XML Namespace rec, it does not
have an XDM, but is still well-formed XML.

--
Why are well-meaning Westerners so concerned that   John Cowan
the opening of a Colonel Sanders in Beijing means   cowan@ccil.org