From: James Clark [mailto:jjc@jclark.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 10:32 PM
To: Len Bullard
Cc: John Cowan; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basic
principles of ...

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Len Bullard <Len.Bullard@ses-i.com> wrote:

> If PIs are not available, this will likely eliminate MicroXML as a
> markup language for composition intensive applications where
> content-tagged structures such as Notes, Cautions and Warnings must by
> specification be bound to the same page.

Why can't you use elements or attributes for this?

Historically, in SGML days, the reason people used PIs for this was
because they needed to add processing-related stuff that their DTDs
didn't allow.  I would suggest the solution to the problem is more
flexible validation (or perhaps stylesheet) technologies rather than
PIs.

James