notes from Balisage

If you're interested enough in markup to linger on this list, you should
definitely consider the Balisage conference, http://balisage.net/.  It
was last week, but there will be another dose of amazing intensity next

I hadn't made it in a few (too many!) years, but was happy to find that
it was just as powerful as usual, and maybe even a little more grounded
in markup practice than I remembered.

There was too much there to report, but I did attempt two broad articles:

(XML and JSON; Metadata, content and design;
Markup and programming language boundaries)

(MicroXML and LMNL)

And of course you can find lots of good in the #balisage Twitter feed,
though of course it's weirdly reverse-chronological now:

Hope to see you there next year!

Simon St.Laurent