RE: [xml-dev] XSD 1.1 versus the tandem of XSD 1.0 plus Schematron

I have limited exposure to Schematron but I understand its assertions only
apply to elements in xml instance documents identified by XPaths.

Since XSD 1.1 assertions can be applied to types too, a single statement
could potentially control the validation of all elements using such a type,
plus all the elements using a type derived from that type, in any instance
referencing that schema.

Is that not potentially a powerful efficiency?

Cheers

             Jack Lindsey

Jack@Lindsey.net

+1 613-884-4131 iPhone