Re: [xml-dev] How to implement validation rules in an environmentwhere some data requirements change frequently while others are unchanging?

On 20 August 2012 14:19, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Are you in this situation:
>
> a.  You create some XSD schemas, build an application around them, and deploy the application.
> b.  A short time later some higher-up authority tells you, "Well, you need to incorporate this additional data."
> c.  So you update your XSD schemas, rebuild your application, redeploy.
> d.  Then, a short time after that the higher-up authority tells you, "We've made some changes and additions so please incorporate them."
> e.  So you update your XSD schemas again, rebuild your application again, redeploy again.
> f.  And this goes on over and over.
> g.  You think to yourself, "There has got to be a better way. Most of my XML is unchanging; how can I partition off the static part and then dynamically incorporate the new data requirements?"

It's not really a problem limited to xml and xsd... it's pretty much
what Agile was invented for (sorry to say the A word)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com