Re: [xml-dev] The Rise of Worse is Better

On 29 August 2012 13:13, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> Folks, Hello,
>
> I just read an interesting article titled, The Rise of Worse is Better.
>
>     The lesson to be learned from this is that it is often undesirable
>     to go for the right thing first. It is better to get half of the right
>     thing available so that it spreads like a virus. Once people are
>     hooked on it, take the time to improve it to 90% of the right thing.
> More ... http://www.dreamsongs.com/RiseOfWorseIsBetter.html
>
> Thoughts?

It depends if you want a technology to be used by millions, or don't
care.   Put enough barriers of entry, and few people will use it. The
less barriers, the more people can use it.  It must be useful enough
for people to want to break any barrier.
Theres something to be said about "being on the right moment with the
right thing", and a extra to be said about "people acting illogically
or based on other factors", technology is not all that exist, or
reasons that move people to do things.

I see with envy when some popular library is used by millions.
Generally is a tiny library, very useful,  easy to put everywhere....
  I figure the most important thing when you create a
technology/library, is to make as easy as possible for people to use
it.  My artistic side want to describe it as "plug and play".

ℱin del ℳensaje.