Which latest and greatest XML Standards Should I Use ForXML-Grammar-Fortune?

Hi all,

I have defined an XML grammar titled XML-Grammar-Fortune (see
http://web-cpan.shlomifish.org/modules/XML-Grammar-Fortune/ ), which I use to
mark up UNIX-like fortune cookies and quotations (see
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/ for examples and resultant XHTML and
plain text outputs), and which is based on XML.

Now, I have considered modernising the grammar somewhat and possibly
incorporate the following elements:

1. Using xml:id instead of a plain "id=""" attribute as well as xml:lang and
other xml: standard attributes.

2. Making a judicious use of XML namespaces. Right now the <screenplay>-typed
tags were done in a hackish way by copy-pasting the RELAX NGs and XSLTs contents
http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/XML-Grammar/Fiction/ , but they
may be better doable using namespaces. One thing that worries me is whether
I'll need to do sometihng like xmlns="[LONG URL HERE]" everytime I want to use
them.

3. I have defined well-formed plaintext grammars for XML-Grammar-Fiction and
XML-Grammar-Screenplay (see the above link), which gets translated to the
custom XML grammars (and from there to other XMLs using XSLT), and I wonder
whether I can do the same for XML-Grammar-Fortune. Is there a good tool for
doing something like that with ease?

4. Should I use XSLT 2.0 and/or XPath 2.0? Right now I prefer to use Perl 5
with the XML::LibXSLT CPAN module that is in turn based on libxslt from the
GNOME project, and from what I know, the only full open-source XSLT 2.0
implementation is Saxon, which is written in Java. There's
https://metacpan.org/module/Inline::Java but it may not work well (have not
tried).

5. Perhaps create XSLT stylesheets to translate the fortune cookies to TEI
and/or XSL-FO.

Does anyone have any other ideas or can comment on what I said here? Am I
missing anything?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish