[ANN] BaseX 7.5 -- The BaseXMas Edition

Dear all,

we are excited to announce the release of BaseX 7.5, aka the BaseXMas Edition:

  http://basex.org/downloads

The latest features and changes are as follows:

XQUERY UPDATE
- bulk updates are now much faster than before
- insert and replace operations take much less memory
- databases can now be created via XQuery and db:create()

GUI TEXT EDITOR
- a fast and flexible search/replace panel has been added
- error highlighting has been extended to XML files
- the editor was improved for editing arbitrary text files

XQUERY 3.0
- the code has been aligned with latest changes in the specs
- HTML5 support has been updated

WEB APPLICATIONS
- new modules have been added: Request, Session, Sessions
- logging has been revised and extended to HTTP requests
- SSL support added, switched to Jetty 8
- all operation modes have been unified and simplified
- RESTXQ elements added to simplify forwarding and redirects

CORE FEATURES
- improved stability of concurrent read/write operations
- the INSPECT command performs database sanity checks
- EXECUTE triggers the execution of command scripts

Numerous other updates can be found in our documentation
(http://docs.basex.org).

Your feedback is welcome.

Christian
BaseX Team 2012

PS: We hope to see many of you on the XMLPrague Conference 2013! If
you haven’t registered yet, you are invited to join our BaseX User
Meeting: http://lanyrd.com/2013/basex-users-meetup-xml-prague