Re: [xml-dev] RE: XML Schema: What does it *really* mean to declarean element?

I agree with the responses so far to Roger, with one important caveat,
which ties in with the discussions on Unicode that he recently led.
It is possible to truly change, and thus obfuscate, your element names
if you use, for example, mathematical alphanumerics.

Here's a "W" that's not really a "W", it's a "mathematical script
capital W" (U+1D4B2) and this would be a completely different element
(may or may not show up in your mail reader):

It's a different unicode character, but semantically, one could argue
that it is still a "W".  I understand there was a lot of controversy
before the Unicode consortium allowed these characters to be added.