RE: [xml-dev] Application of Postel's Law to XML (as Re: Trust and control )

Well, I spent part of yesterday trying to figure out how to get <!DOCTYPE
html> at the top of my well formed html5 so IE9 would show my SVG images.
Why well formed html5 you may ask.  Because if it is well formed I have a
massive set of tools to process it for things like link interogation etc.
So I am really suspect of anyone who proposes that a message format should
be lax with respect to well formedness.  If it is not well formed how can I
process it using programming languages such as XSLT, XQuery or the huge set
of XML processing  tools available such as the jax family in java.  Or do
you plan to create an entirely different tool stack for processing each of
these XML vocabularies.
HTML5 was a travesty in supporting a not well formed serialization, lets not
repeat it.