RE: Fwd: [xml-dev] Quiz: How do you put a Euro sign in your data if your XML uses windows-1252 encoding and you use a numeric character reference?

This may be the wrong question.

If you are trying to disambiguate currency, rather than print the symbol, you may wish to reference the UN/CEFACT XML artifacts on currency. UN/CEFACT (Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business) promulgates EDI standards for electronic trade documents in XML format. They keep a standard list of currency codes for use in XML. They host a referenceable XSD that grants free access to the ISO 4217 standard

<xs:import namespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:standard:5:ISO42173A:2010-04-07" schemaLocation="http://www.unece.org/uncefact/codelist/standard/ISO_ISO3AlphaCurrencyCode_20100407.xsd"/>

tc

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

- Brian W. Kernighan

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com