Re: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

On 3/24/13 7:27 AM, Timothy W. Cook wrote:
> IMHO, if you are thinking that XML is only useful for flat documents
> then you are living in a geocentric (information) world.

I suspect you mean that XML is a Copernican revolution, which it ain't.
  It's old magic, useful for some domains and not for others.

However, geodata is where I first encountered the massive headaches
induced by XML's overhead and a severe mismatch between the constraints
that the designers of schema languages thought useful and the
constraints that developers actually needed...

(And yes, JSON has schemas, and programmers have other forms of testing
data validity, and... no, XML has no innate advantage here.)

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/