Re: [xml-dev] Four fine text-based data formats ... liberate yourselffrom one (silo) data format

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM, John Cowan <johnwcowan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net> wrote:

Yeah in my case, in my recent projects I've used an Examplotron-based modeling system I wrote into my Amara software (in Python).  I almost never have to bother with heavyweight schemata.

Very interesting.  What features of Examplotron do you support?  I'm writing a paper for submission to Balisage that makes use of Examplotron, and I'd like to know what parts of it you found useful.

Sorry, forgot to respond to this.  plain old eg:occurs is the main win, but I also use eg:assert (with plain old XPath 1.0, thankeeverramuch!).

I so often get lost in a thicket of "]" and "}" and end up having to primitively count on my fingers while squinting at cryptic error messages.

The vi command "%" is your friend; there are analogues in emacs, but I don't know them.

Well sure, Emacs, TextMate, SubmimeText2 and other editors I use offer quick delimiter matching shortcuts as well.  Maybe I'm thick, but that only ever takes an impossible task and reduces it to highly frustrating.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com