Re: [xml-dev] XML's greatest cultural advantage over JSON

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

Schemas are a specialized transformation, typically yielding a binary (valid/not valid) result and possibly a modified/annotated document.

Indeed.  Which is why *my* Balisage paper is about schema-driven transformation: give me a suitably marked-up source and its schema and a target schema, and I'll transform that source to be valid against the target schema.  Naturally, there are restrictions.

The subtitle is "Architectural Forms for the 21st Century".

GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures