Re: [xml-dev] XML's greatest cultural advantage over JSON

> I do believe in expressing business rules and constraints, but I think
> strong, static typing is a very bad way to do that, which is the problem I
> have with XSD.  I much prefer Schematron, Examplotron and RELAX NG.  I think
> the worst side-effects you mention come when people try to impose such
> strong typing constraints on XML, which, properly used. is about text, and
> not data.

I'm beginning to think the 'best way' to express business rules is
behind 2 urls, one being the validation service and the other being
the documentation.

The client doesn't care what technology is behind the scenes, just in
the yes/no answer - a yes answer is no good if it still gets rejected
in the application.

> Which brings me to the issue you set aside.  i do think that Mixed Content
> is essential to the culture of XML because I think that's what underscores
> the fact that XML is about text and not data.

Yep, it was one of the key requirements to keep in micro xml.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com