Re: Fwd: [xml-dev] Not using mixed content? Then don't use XML

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Fraser Goffin <goffinf@gmail.com> wrote:

Hallelujah something we can agree on. The business application should
always be the repository of business rules and validation is one
aspect of that. I only consider XSD useful as an optimisation so that
you don't consume cycles only to find something that you could have
discovered at the front door.

When you publish a set of documents, publishing the schema to which you claim they conform is very useful for everyone.  For one thing, it's concrete, testable documentation about what to expect from you.  This is the opposite of the "normal" use of schemas as input validation: here they are serving as *output* validation as well as documentation.

--
GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures