Re: [xml-dev] Testing XML don't use xUnit

> Right. But XMLUnit doesn't let you do that because it requires an
> absolute path (thank you John) to the node you are testing.

You can use the convenience methods provided by XMLUnit itself to
create a DOM, set your context node and then write any number of
assertions you want from that point, do that as many times as you
like.

Don't get me wrong I love schematron, but in a large org setting with
loads of outsourcing, limiting the skillset is important. So needing
all my Dev's  and testers to understand the schematron language, XSLT,
the creation of the schematron implementation, hook that into your CI
suite yadda, yadda. If you already have a largely Java shop and staff
who work with XML (and thus understand XPath), then it's probably
easier to stick with that unless there is a really compelling reason
not to.