Re: [xml-dev] DSDL implementations

Hello Simon,

Simon St.Laurent schrieb:
> I was just enjoying a wander through DSDL.org, and there are some good
> bits there beyond the well-known (to XML superheroes, anyway) RELAX NG
> and Schematron. My favorite is likely the simple transforms of Document
> Schema Renaming Language (DSRL).
>
> Are there publicly-available implementations of these parts?
>
> Even once I got Google to stop thinking I was looking for a Digital
> Single Lens Reflex camera, the results were not very helpful.
>
> I'm also not sure DSDL.org is up to date - DSRL seems (per RFC 6011's
> use of it) to have become an ISO/IEC standard, but that isn't indicated
> at DSDL.org.

Well at least, I can answer that last question: if you have a look at
www.iso.org, you will find that ISO/IEC 19757-8:2008 Information
technology -- Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) -- Part 8:
Document Semantics Renaming Language (DSRL) has been standardised as
ISO/IEC standard in 12/2008 (Stage 60.06: International Standard
published) -- which unfortunately means that it is not freely available
in this case.

Compared to the Final Committee Draft (FCD) available at
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0894.pdf you should assume at
least some changes in the Final Standard.

Best,

Maik Stührenberg

--
Dr. Maik Stührenberg