Re: [xml-dev] XML's greatest cultural advantage over JSON

On 4/28/13 7:55 AM, David Lee wrote:
> There are still the next generation (either by age or change in
> vocation or specialty) who have an open mind.

This reminds me of another fun point.

The "first generation" of folks who turned to JSON had generally been
using XML before.  Some of them were using it for interchange across
distant systems, while others were using it in more tightly bound
situations.  (The "X" in Ajax used to be "XML", before pretty much that
entire community dropped XML in the wastebasket.)

XML had a chance with an open-minded crowd of people eager to embrace
it.  By and large, we utterly failed to convince them.  Once other
options emerged, they ran there.

Why do you think the next generation would march the opposite direction
when the XML story hasn't changed?

If you want to draw folks back to XML, the story around XML has to change.

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/