Re: [xml-dev] Re: Native XML Interfaces

On 31 May 2013 19:21, Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, Len,
>
> I run into this a great deal with Java developers who consume XML that then
> gets converted to JAXB or some other code serialization. Most have at most a
> very rudimentary understanding of XML, usually enough to write well-formed
> XML but not to the point of understanding more than the very basics of XML
> design, usually have no understanding of XPath or XSLT, and at best VERY
> rudimentary XSD skills (mostly those features of XSD most likely to break
> their JAXB serializations).

+1  Pretty much exactly my experience too.  They reach for binding
first, then bemoan xml in general after they hit all the usual
problems with the binding approach.

And the only reason they reach for binding, is because of a lack of
knowledge of the apis out there, or the lack of a familiar api to use.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com