Re: [xml-dev] Re: Native XML Interfaces

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1  Pretty much exactly my experience too.  They reach for binding
> first, then bemoan xml in general after they hit all the usual
> problems with the binding approach.
>
> And the only reason they reach for binding, is because of a lack of
> knowledge of the apis out there, or the lack of a familiar api to use.

My experience with binding tools (JAXB, PyXB, generateDS) has been
less than useful.
The code they create is almost impossible to trouble shoot and they do
not support advanced XML Schema concepts.

But Andrew, maybe I include myself in that category of not being aware
of the APIs that are available. Could you exand on that with a couple
of examples?

Thanks,
Tim