XSLT as a Web (browser) Scripting Language

Delpratt O'Neill and Michael Kay must have really impressed me with
this, because I woke up this morning from dreaming about it.  It's way
more than the usual XSLT engine included in browser story (though there
are issues there too -
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/zIg2KC7PyH0>).

I put up an article introducing their story, with links to key pieces,
notably their XML Prague and Balisage papers as well as demos, at:

<http://programming.oreilly.com/2013/08/using-xslt-2-0-as-a-web-scripting-language.html>

I have a weird feeling that I'm going to need to write a piece that
explains JavaScript event handling and templating using XSLT to show
readers how it works before diving into the JavaScript.  This feels clearer.

Balisage really does change your life sometimes.

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/