Re: [xml-dev] Transformative Programming: Flow-based, functional, and more

Hi Uche,

Simon's been pretty clear that data interchange via XML is all well and good and that rigid standards can be a problem.  However, that does get to the essence of my question, where does the line between these two divergent views get drawn?  In particular, XSLT and XProc are useful precisely because of the standardization and structure of their particular XML formats (imperative or not)...  Their very utility comes with the cost that Simon often seems to disapprove of.

Peter Hunsberger