RE: [xml-dev] Has my brain been altered by too much time spentwriting XSLT, XSD, and namespaces?

> Michael Kay
> Yes, of course. Just like a good pianist no longer sees individual notes and accidentals but rather harmonies and rhythmic patterns, so an expert programmer in any language is no longer > distracted by the details of the notation but instead recognizes the big picture.

> Nothing wrong with that, except it's important to remember other people might not be on that wavelength.

Same as reading ... when's the last time you tried to figure out paragraph by its sentences, or a sentence by its words or a word by individual letters -- then tried to figure out the letters ?
In one's native language that learning period is so far in the past the story just floats into your brain .... the ink on page just transforms magically into thought.

In a new language its so hard (IMHO) that I wouldn't even try unless I was a masochist :)

-David

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org