Re: [xml-dev] XML As Fall Guy

Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
> [...] we see it at all levels of society and business and
> government...

Indeed, and in fear of stepping on some serious bindies on a hot day
at the beach, it's because people in charge are more concerned about
saving cost than creating income; Cost-saving is far too often the
evil side of Capitalism, driven by the quick and easy-to-understand
band-aid solution to make budgets look better. However most of these
have terrible long-term effects, which, you know, is left as "someone
else's problem" down the line (and often after the people in charge
have left after they'd saved the company some money and have moved on
to another company they promise to reduce cost at. *shudder* There
should be a name for these people, as a warning). And needless to say,
I think these are dreadful ways to run a company.

Cheers,

Alex