Iterative construction (was Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML As Fall Guy)

On 12/2/13 10:52 AM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
I've operated with that idea for many years, but I'm coming to believe
it's actively destructive because it leads to pure waterfall thinking:
design, architect, engineer, build.  Where is there a place for an
iterative design, build, test cycle in building construction?
It's unusual, but it can happen:

<http://whartonesherickmuseum.org/>

Easier with furniture, but he iterated with construction too.

And actually, if you look at buildings over the long term, there's definitely an iterative cycle. We mostly abandoned it in the 20th century, but it's not hard to find.

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/