Re: [xml-dev] RE: XML Mantra

Hi

I'll not try to contradict the notion of potential energy, I kind of agree, just to state that essentially we attempted to explain this same 'phenomenon' in regard to XForms at Balisage 2013.

"
Apart from thinking of XForms as being of the data-driven approach, the declarative "logic" of an XForms form (via actions, refs, binds) is made possible through XPath, using both its navigational and its predicate definitional power. So, we can go a step further and think of XForms as being 'data-structure-driven'."

[Cameron, Stephen, and William David Velásquez. “A Data-Driven Approach using XForms for Building a Web Forms Generation Framework.” Presented at Balisage: The Markup Conference 2013, Montréal, Canada, August 6 - 9, 2013. In Proceedings of Balisage: The Markup Conference 2013. Balisage Series on Markup Technologies, vol. 10 (2013). doi:10.4242/BalisageVol10.Velasquez01.
The potential energy is structure.]

There is still something missing though, which is the ability to refactor the structure and associated XPaths fearlessly, something that is so refined in OO development tools.

Regards
Steve Cameron