Re: [xml-dev] XML mantra, from Sean McGrath

At 2014-01-02 19:07 +0000, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
XML mantra:

1. Get data into XML as quickly as possible
2. Keep it in XML until the last possible minute
3. Bring all your XML tools to bear on solving the data processing problem

-- Sean McGrath
Absolutely this has worked well for me in the past and continues to do so.

I published my CSV to XML tool as a generic tool to get CSV content readily into XML in a number of different forms (with or without the header line, custom element names, importable into other stylesheets or standalone) here:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#csv

And it gives me the opportunity to repeat the only XML joke I know that I'm sure I've shared in this forum in the past, but it seems germane to the topic:

Q: How is XML like violence?
A: If it isn't working for you, then you aren't using enough of it.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |