Re: [xml-dev] A fabulous web page showing the Unicode characters

> Jörg also has an A0 poster of the whole BMP:
http://joerg.piringer.net/unicode/unicode-poster.zip

unicode-poster.pdf (20.9MB) does not allow me to see any BMP structure.

In posting (1) I described a 16x16 table with each cell containing a 16x16
table spanning the complete BMP. This complete table HTML page is of size
1.2MB, does show structure and has links to unicode character tables.

(2) was generated by xsltproc because XSLT 1.0 processor did not have
equivalent to fn:codepoints-to-string() XPath 2.0 function.

I did try to port BMP.xsl to XSLT 2.0 in the browser but ran into issues,
both with Saxon-CE and with Frameless. Therefore I ported to XQuery in the
browser and (3) does generate the complete table on the fly.
BMP.xq.html is of size 2.2KB only, and needs 63(87) seconds(!) to render
on my Linux Firefox(Chrome) browser.

(1)
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/HermannSW/entry/bmp_xsl_html_basic_multilingual_plane20
(2) http://stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/blog/BMP.xsl.html
(3) http://stamm-wilbrandt.de//xqib/BMP.xq.html

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
https://twitter.com/HermannSW/
http://stamm-wilbrandt.de/GraphvizFiddle/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

  From:       John Cowan <johnwcowan@gmail.com>

  To:         "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>,

  Cc:         "xml-dev@lists.xml.org" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

  Date:       01/23/2014 08:20 PM

  Subject:    Re: [xml-dev] A fabulous web page showing the Unicode characters

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
wrote:

  Hi Folks,

  This is fabulous:

          http://unicode-table.com/en/#0031

You've read the book, now watch the movies!

BMP Edition (33 minutes) by Jörg Piringer: http://vimeo.com/36132600

Full Edition (2  hours 31 minutes) by the team at decodeunicode.org:
http://vimeo.com/48858289

--
GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures