De: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]
Enviado el: martes, 25 de febrero de 2014 8:44 a. m.
Para: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Asunto: Meanwhile, in XML-world

Thought you all might enjoy this from A List Apart.  XML, still relevant to HTML.

<http://alistapart.com/article/battle-for-the-body-field>

"While fields and templates have come to dominate web publishing tools, the XML world has spent nearly 15 years developing a parallel approach.
Rather than chunking content into fields and re-assembling it later, the XML community embraces fluid, markup-based documents. To capture meaningful structure and avoid HTML's browser-specific presentation pitfalls, they define purpose-specific collections of markup tags for different projects and applications. It's a versatile approach that has crossed paths with the web publishing world: the XHTML standard is just HTML, defined as an XML schema.

The Darwin Information Typing Architecture standard-better known as DITA-is a mature example of this approach. Developed by IBM and announced in 2001, DITA was shaped by the technical documentation community."

Of course, it's not just a "let's use DITA" article:

"The good news is we don't have to convert all our projects to XML to learn from those communities' accumulated wisdom. While the toolchains that have been built around those approaches are a tough fit for today's mature web development tools and workflows, we can use their principles in our projects."

Thanks,
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com