Re: [xml-dev] XML For The Average Monkey

On 24 March 2014 03:39, Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> The Average Code Monkey sees stringbuilder, textwriter, textreader, doc.load
> XPath find, and the validator callback among others.  We speculate the deep
> mysteries but day to day work is learning and scripting in a framework.  MS
> blows it in XML by not understanding it as a composable format so relegates
> it to the limits of the code editor.  Pobrecito.  The utility of XML is
> standing up project publishing systems that deliver complex data in final
> fixed formats.  From XML to PDF, it's a smooth breeze.

Recently has become popular the expression "opinionated".  You can
find cool magicks in github that declare themselves "no opinionated".

Maybe is not bad design to give some people a opinionated framework,
where what you can do with xml is very limited. Or maybe is a bad
idea.  But is a choice to make when designing a framework. "How much
freedom to screew things I give to the users of this framework?".

ℱin del ℳensaje.