Re: [xml-dev] RFC for XML Object Parsing

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:48:46 -0500, "Len Bullard"
<cbullard@hiwaay.net> wrote:

| I believe most debates of this issue are about using XML for what it
| is not very good at versus applying XML where it is very good.

Serious cases of goldenhammeritis were perhaps inevitable, given the
hype and hoopla.

Someone wants to blat out a terabyte of data every 15 minutes?  Okay,
we can deal with it.  Bandwidth, Parkinson's Law, and all that.

Someone want to blat out a terabyte of mostly unchanged data every 15
minutes?  We roll our eyes, and wonder what ever happened to delta
updates and SOW requests.

Someone wants to blat out a terabyte of data every 15 minutes, in XML?
This could well be Serious Lack of Clue.

Someone wants to blat out a terabyte of mostly unchanged data every 15
minutes, in XML?  This is demented.

And lo, all of sudden, XML parsing performance, of all things, Becomes
An Issue.

The suits schedule meetings, summon the techs, and demand to know why
the original Solution As Requirement isn't "working" and can't it be
made to work er, "better"?

Translation: Fix the solution, not the problem.

Sigh.