Big Data and XML

[Repost: the xml-dev list manager swallowed the earlier version; in
fact, the list seemed down for several days.]

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:53:21 -0400, I wrote:

| Someone wants to blat out a terabyte of mostly unchanged data every
| 15 minutes, in XML?  This is demented.

In fact, there is something very artificial - or perhaps, symptomatic
of goldenhammeritis - in all the examples or use cases or scenarios of
XML for "big data" that I've seen so far.

This particular example is no different:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:16:00 -0600, Brian Aberle <xmlboss@live.com>